Yes, all of it will.
A significant fact for you to absorb, let me repeat that word, absorb; is the fact that over half of the Bible prophesies – over 500 of them have already been fulfilled. Literally fulfilled, and that in itself is overwhelming proof that it’s all true and the rest will come true as written. This is evidence that should establish confidence beyond any intellectual question to the contrary. When you read the prophecy take it literally because it literally will happen. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Don’t let anyone lead you astray by saying prophesy in non-literal and needs interpretation. Forget about it… that thought is contradicted beyond any question due to the fact that so many hundreds of prophesies have already been fulfilled. (LITERALLY!)
If you are a believer, a child of God, that should be very important to you. Because over one-fourth of the Bible was written as prophecy. This gives you a picture of the future and gives you the hope of a future in eternity with God. Without this hope for the future there would not be Christianity at all. And if you are not a believer and reading this. Please get your life right with Jesus Christ before it’s too late. Because more half of the prophesies have already come true it should easily provide the basis for your understanding the rest will also come true. It should also justify the conclusion that the Bible is the inspired word of God and the prophecy is a revelation by God and is certain to come to pass. As we go through the book of Revelation, which is the last book of the Bible and it’s closing, it will reveal the power, righteousness, sovereignty of Jesus Christ and His wonderful grace for all those that come to Him in faith.
I said in the last post I would give you more proof. What do the scientists say about this prophesy thing? The scientists have developed detailed probability statistics and formulas to determine the likelihood these prophesies could have come true. This information will show that it is God and only God that could do it. And God said, “Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you.” (I Peter 3:15)
For some reference on scientific data my Pastor, Raymond Barnett, at The Time For Truth Ministries led me to a book dealing with prophetic accuracy called, Science Speaks, by Peter W. Stoner.
Bye the way, if you want some great Bible Preaching and teaching go to our the church website at http://www.timefortruth.com/ and join us for worship each Sunday in Amsterdam, NY.
It is written, “One jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled” (Matthew 5:18) Peter Stoner uses a well-known scientific principle of probability. The following information is taken directly from his book.
“If the chance of one thing happening is one in M, and the chance of another independent thing happening is one in N, then the chance that they shall both happen is one in M times N. The proof of this theory will be found in any college algebra text. In light of time and space.” I will not provide all his background calculations here but you can go to his book for reference.
Peter Stone looked at just 11 early prophesies that have come true. The probability is listed as well.
The destruction of Tyre 1 in 7.5 x 107
Destruction of Samaria 1 in 4 x 104
Gaza forsaken and Ashkelon desolate 1 in 1.2 x 104
The fall of Jericho 1 in 2 x 105
The sealing of The Golden Gate 1 in 103
Zion Plowed 1 in 102
Jerusalem Enlarged 1 in 8 x 1010
Palestine becomes waste 1 in 2 x 105
Moab and Ammon 1 in 103
Edom desolation 1 in 104
Babylon destroyed 1 in 5 x 109
The probability of these eleven prophecies coming true, if written in human wisdom, is now found by multiplying all of these probabilities together, and the result is 1 in 5.76 x 1059
With those probabilities listed now look at the summary. Peter stone says, “Suppose we had marked one of these silver dollars, and had stirred it into the whole pile before we had made them into balls the size of the sun. Then suppose we had blindfolded a man and told him to go over all of these great balls and pick up the dollar which he thinks is the right one. What chance would he have of finding the right one? It would be a very great task to look over this mass of dollars. If our blindfolded man were to travel sixty miles per hour, day and night, it would take him five years to go once around a star. This would give him a very poor chance to select what might be the marked dollar from that star, but this amount of time per star would take 500 billion years for each galaxy. Let us suppose our man were extremely speedy, able to look over all of the dollars contained in 100 billion stars each second (instead of 500 billion years), it would still take him about 3 x 109 years to look over the whole mass. This is one half the six billion years back to creation. It is absurd to think that he would have any conceivable chance of picking up the right dollar. The chance of these eleven prophecies being written in human wisdom, and all coming true, is a similar chance to that which the blindfolded man had of finding the right dollar. But these prophecies, and many more, all came true. We can then draw only one conclusion, and that is that God inspired the writing of every one of these prophecies. What stronger proof can any man ask for the inspiration of the Bible?”
And this powerful statement made by Mr. Stone, “God has accepted this challenge. He has predicted multitudes of events to happen in the future. They have come true exactly as predicted, even though in some cases thousands of years were involved for the fulfillment. God has proved that He is our supernatural God with all wisdom. We have no alternative but to believe.”
WE HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE BUT TO BELIEVE. That statement from a scientist. Believe it!
We will be looking at the prophesies of the “end times” and a “preparation” for the events to unfold. Jesus tells us about the “beginning of sorrows.” “ “For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.” (Matthew 24: 5-8) Our current events seem to be building up for the future. The forecast is for “perilous times” ahead.
Can you possibly have any doubt the prophesies concerning apostasy are being fulfilled? Even our churches have been tainted with a moral relativism. Denominations are having a hard time defining marriage as being between one man and one woman. Many religious leaders openly support homosexuality. The Bible is becoming subordinate in the modern church and they are trying to be more appealing. And leaders can’t even discern between a male and a female today. These are definitely “spiritually perilous times.”
Pieces are falling into place for the “revived” Roman Empire which will hold power before Christ returns. The formulation of the European Union, and the reunified Germany is certainly shining light on biblical prophecy. Let’s not forget that in 1948, Israel was recognized as a sovereign state. That was a direct fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Jesus indicated to us that the signs would arise together when His return was drawing near. “So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.” (Matthew 24: 33-34) Do you know that our generation is the very first to see every trend falling into place? You do now. Watch ye, and be ready. Look at these for just a taste of the sign of the times:
- We were told false Bible teachers would come. “But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.” (2 Peter 2:1-2) Lots of people reject the Bible today because they heard it misrepresented by a false teacher.
- We were told the false teachers would be money-hungry, smooth talkers. “And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.” (2 Peter 2:3) A lot of TV evangelists twist the scriptures and market to the unwary.
- The Gospel would be preached to all nations. “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.” (Matthew 24:14) The Bible has now been translated into over 2400 languages and covers over 90 percent of the world population.
- Mankind will be capable of destroying all life. “For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.” (Matthew 24:21-22) When Jesus made that promise the only weapons were swords and spears. We are aware now that with nuclear and chemicals all flesh on the planet could be wiped out.
- A global cry for peace. “For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.” (1 Thessalonians 5:3) There is a concerted global effort to have peace at any cost.
- Ethnic conflicts would be prevalent. “Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.” (Luke 21:10) Today more than ever we have ethnic groups fighting. Have you heard the word racist lately?
- Jerusalem would be re-built on its own ruins. “In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.” (Zechariah 12:6)
- Israel which was divided in two kingdoms would be one united nation. (Ezekiel 37:22) And it is! Israel is one nation.
- Asia would be capable of deploying a 200-million-man army. (Revelation 9:14-16) Today, according to the CIA, China alone has 281 million men ready for military service.
- Great Earthquakes in places unforeseen. (Luke 21;11) And the seismic activity is ramping up around the world.
- Men would be lovers of themselves. (2 Timothy 3:1-2) Can anyone say Facebook? Not much more explanation needed.
- Youth will become increasingly rebellious. (2 Timothy 3:2-3) No comment necessary here either.
- Humanity will become materialistic and lovers of pleasure. (2 Timothy 3:1-5) we have everything under the sun now to entertain and bring pleasure to the masses.
- Homosexuality will be flaunted at the end of the age. (Luke 17:28-30) Today, the homosexual agenda is flaunted and forced upon our entire society.
- Apostasy will occur just before the Antichrist is revealed. (2 Thessalonians 2:3) Experience based Christianity and other things have replace the Bible as the standard for saving faith and Christ’s exclusive claims are negated in the name of tolerance.
- Some would depart from the faith. “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils” (1 Timothy 4:1) In our generation there is an explosion of false doctrines luring folks away.
- Men will sear their conscience so they can continue in sin. “Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.” (1 Timothy 4:2) There is sinning with knowledge as people ignore God’s moral law and violate their own conscience.
- Sexual Immorality will be rampant. “How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.” (Jude 18) The availability of sexual products has exploded in our generation.
- And what about the Ten Commandments no longer looked at as our moral code. With the words taken down from public places. “And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.”
And look what recently happened. The move of the U.S Embassy in Israel back to Jerusalem and recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
We are witnessing it now. The book of Revelation is beginning to unfold right before us. We haven’t seen anything yet, anything we are experiencing is the tip of the iceberg. This pandemic we are in will not be the last. And more natural disasters will come.
Jesus said men will be gripped with fear when these signs occur. “Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.” (Luke 21:26) And others are to be looking up with hopeful expectations. “And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.” (Luke 21:28)
Are you fearful?
God will judge every one who breaks His laws. Look at the Ten Commandments. How many have you broken? Keep in mind that nothing is hidden from God’s eyes. But. Listen, God is longsuffering and He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9) The good news is there is a way to be forgiven and get to heaven. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8) And “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
Awaken from any spiritual slumber and be ready when the Lord returns “as a thief in the night.”
“Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.” (Psalm 51: 1-2)
God will never let you down and everything He has promised will be fulfilled.
Come with me next post as we get back into the book of Revelation.
Until He comes,
One thought on “Is it true, will it happen? Part 2”
Thank you, dear Brother. I look forward to your next blog with great anticipation! Love in Christ, pam
Comments are closed.